The Veterinary Athlete Podcast with Dr. Tim Loonam
Growing in veterinary fame, Dr. Tim Loonam, of Grace Animal Hospital, is featured on two recent episodes of The Cairn Podcast: Making the Trail for Veterinarians. Hear Dr. Loonam discuss building resiliency and leadership qualities in this 2-part podcast!
- Description: Join us for Part 1 of this amazing two-part series as we welcome Dr. Tim Loonam to discuss building resiliency and leadership qualities. Dr. Loonam is a former army ranger, veterinary practice owner, and still practices as a mixed animal veterinarian while lecturing at veterinary schools across the country. We specifically discuss servant leadership, why it is so effective, and how its absence from past veterinary school curricula has hurt our profession. This is also an invaluable discussion for anyone interested in building their own resiliency and personal leadership style – if you interact with people, leadership qualities are essential.
- Description: Join us for Part 2 as we continue our discussion with Dr. Tim Loonam. We explore how the specific mindset and approach of a professional athlete can be applied to those of us in the veterinary profession, and the importance of a team-oriented mindset. This concludes an invaluable discussion for anyone interested in building their own resiliency, leadership and longevity, in any profession.
Dr. Loonam’s Recommendations:
- John Maxwell Leadership Resources
- John C. Maxwell – Developing the Leader Within You 2.0
- Maxwell Leadership Podcast
- The Veterinary Leadership Institute
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Leadership
- Jocko Willink – Discipline Equals Freedom
- Jocko Willink – The Dichotomy of Leadership
- Jocko Podcast